Hi there, I’m Joe Cockrell. I have more than 20 years of professional experience in journalism, public relations and communications with a diverse background of professional experience and clients – from Fortune 500 corporations to small non-profits. Services include interim marketing & PR leadership, public relations consulting, press releases, content marketing and impactful social media strategies.
I have extensive media contacts throughout the U.S. top-tier, and provide media relations, story pitching services and crisis communication assistance. I’ve been inside the eye of the hurricane during organizational crisis situations, and have aptly put that experience to use for a wide range of private clientele.
Social media marketing: not only can I help you devise and deploy an effective social media strategy, I can also produce the professional content needed to make it soar.
Content services include: video production & editing, event videos, aerial (drone) photography and filming. I am a skilled copywriter capable of a wide range of material from basic press releases to complex articles, blogs and other content.
As an experienced storyteller I specialize in news-style and documentary content, both short-form and long, but whatever your video idea is I can bring it to life. I am a true “one-man band” who is capable of filming/shooting video, editing, post production and narration.
My clients range from small businesses, law firms, real estate, start-ups, hospitality, higher education, healthcare, and green building, to major consumer branding campaigns for both online and retail sales. I am a proud member of the Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce.
Contact me: email@example.com
If you are looking for an expert source for a news story or guest speaker for your event, some of the topics I regularly discuss at various events in Los Angeles, San Diego, Irvine and Orange County, Sacramento, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Palm Springs include:
- P.R. or public relations issues
- Organizational image and damage control with news media
- Media management during a crisis situation
- New trends in higher education
- Employment and tips for job seekers, including resume
- How to use social media in your job search
- How to build a rock star online image for yourself (also called personal branding)
- Social media issues, trends, research and advice
- Facebook and privacy issues
- How to build an effective LinkedIn profile
- What the heck is Twitter anyway?
- Small business owners can tap social media to get new customers
- Brand journalism, native advertising and content marketing explained & simplified
- New approaches to social media branding