Facebook announced a new partnership program with local community organizations, committing $20 million toward affordable housing, job training, and legal services available to more people in the area surrounding its Silicon Valley headquarters. The effort involves groups such as Youth United for Community Action, Faith in Action Bay Area, Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto, and Comité de Vecinos del Lado Oeste — East Palo Alto, along with the local governments of East Palo Alto and Menlo Park.
More from Joe
- Study: Civic engagement strongly tied to local news habits
- California is not forgiving Liberty Mutual for misleading consumers
- McDonald’s needs more than a bunch of Millennials doing social media
- My day at the OC Auto Show
- Laguna Concert Band pays tribute to Max Bennett
- The Taste of Laguna is Delicious
- Cool time-lapse at Main Beach
- A stunning light show from mother nature
- Two minute tour of luxury rental available in Laguna Beach
- What was in the Dana Point time capsule?