PR Newswire recently shared a great guide to media relations. As social engagement becomes a key priority for all content creators including journalists, generating earned media is even more of a challenge. Often times the potential popularity of a story can trump news value, so if a journalist shows interest in your story, you must be prepared to make the most of that opportunity. Ensure your coverage is high-quality and portrays your brand in the most positive light by following these do’s and don’ts of media relations: [Read More...]
Some 11,000 people gathered at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California (and hundreds more via the online live stream) to celebrate the summer 2014 Commencement Ceremony for American Career College (ACC). More than 1,100 graduates from all five Southern California ACC locations donned caps and gowns to walk across the stage and prepare for a new career in health care. The ceremony marked the largest in the college’s history, organizers say.
It was a pleasure to welcome NBC South Florida’s Kelly Craig to campus at West Coast University in Miami for this “look live” segment.
More from Joe
- In-studio with David Aizer
- 2014 Study – Impact of Social Media on News: more crowd-checking, less fact-checking
- NYT Innovation Report Maps Road to Digital Future
- In honor of National Nurses Week
- Study: Twitter is More Narcissistic Than Facebook
- 73rd Annual Peabody Awards Announced
- NBC-LA: Scooter Riding Pup Pays It Forward
- KTLA: Local Students Spread Joy and Stuffed Animals at Boyle Heights Hospital
- LA story idea for Tues 3/11/14
- Does Social Media Influence Your Self-Control? Yes, Say Researchers